Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dongchen

Filter is greyed out, and I can't remove the filter.

The 'db_version' and 'os' column is greyed out and can't be removed from the filter. 

Also, 'db_version' is duplicated in the filter. 

I tried to log out and login but didn't solve the issue. 

dongchen_0-1633985699700.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have found the reason. It's not related to "Drill through", however.

When I created that visual, I copied and pasted it to another visual and made that as a table visual. 

I applied the filter to the table visual. 

When I checked the original visual, the filter on the original visual was locked. 

So, how to clean the filter on the original visual, simply clear the filter in the target visual, which is table visual. 

Then the filter on the original visual is gone. 

Not sure if this makes sense, but it did solve my problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vinced

Issue: I had a similar issue where I drilled down in one visual then removed the field before dilling back up. After I removed the field all of my other visuals where still drilled down and I could not removed the grayed out filter. 

Soulution: I added the drill down field back to the original visual and drilled down in the same spot as the first time THEN drilled back up THEN removed the field and all of my other viuals were corrected. 

Note: Its an awkward solve for an awkward issue, so I hope it makes sense 🙂

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @dongchen 

It is likely to do with Drillthrough Filters being applied on other tabs / sheets within your Power BI Report.

Check out this blog post that may be helpful:  

https://askgarth.com/blog/power-bi-drillthrough-filters-and-how-to-change-them/

Hope it helps 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

I have found the reason. It's not related to "Drill through", however.

When I created that visual, I copied and pasted it to another visual and made that as a table visual. 

I applied the filter to the table visual. 

When I checked the original visual, the filter on the original visual was locked. 

So, how to clean the filter on the original visual, simply clear the filter in the target visual, which is table visual. 

Then the filter on the original visual is gone. 

Not sure if this makes sense, but it did solve my problem.

Hi @dongchen, just in future, it would be good for you to add the additional information in the post so that the Community can better assist you. 

Glad you found a resolution to your issue.

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.