Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoshoDotNZ
Frequent Visitor

Filter from multiple tables with multiple columns issue

Hey Squad, 

Have hit a road block with PowerBI Filters.

Since of how the model has been setup for the App, I am struggling to create a filter to filter departments from different tabels. 

Divisions was easy, as there is only one division Coloum per Table.

But Departments, there are up to 4 in a table, So I can't set them all to active due to an active set of indirect relationships already exists between these tables. I have single cross filter direction. Any ideas??? 

Thanks,
Josh Griggs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

If there are more than one departments, like department 1 and department 2 in all your table. You can create two copies of the department. Like Employee Department, Sales Department.

And use them. Unless you have to need to filter both the column on the same value

You can create a copy of the same table. Create a new table as 

Department Sales = Department

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

If there are more than one departments, like department 1 and department 2 in all your table. You can create two copies of the department. Like Employee Department, Sales Department.

And use them. Unless you have to need to filter both the column on the same value

You can create a copy of the same table. Create a new table as 

Department Sales = Department

Hey amitchandak,

Sorry struggling to understand, I have copied the Department table and tried to create a realationship but still get the same issues.

Is it possible for you to give me a example in a few picutes? Sorry more of a visaul learner.

Thanks,

Josh Griggs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.