cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dvhez Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Filter for line and area combo chart (workaround)?

My objective is that the grayed out filters can make both charts (line and stacked area) to change, while the filter at the left only modifies the are chart and the right filter modifies the line chart. Is this possible?, if is not, can you please give me and advice in how I can present this data from a different approach?

PBIDesktop_2018-10-21_00-54-15.png

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter for line and area combo chart (workaround)?

Depends on your data and what calculations you are doing. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

dvhez Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Stacked Area chart takes data from one query and Line Chart from another query. The only information they share is 'Date' (dd-mm-yyyy), 'Hour' (hh:mm:ss) and 'Zone' (Norte Grande, Centro-Sur and Sur) columns. I would like the time slicer, for example, to affect both table when selecting an specific date or the 'Zone' one to filter zones in each table. What I'm going to try now is to merge both tables (as they share at least 'Date' and 'Hour' column) as a new table and then I'll delete the other columns and keep those two. Then, I'll try creating a relationship between 1st table (Area Chart) and 2nd table (Line Chart) with this new table as an intermediate.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi dvhez,

Could you show some sample data and clarify more details?

Regards,

JImmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,827)