Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kornholio
Helper III
Helper III

Filter for Periods

I have a CSV file that comes in, it has a 2 week period of working minutes of people working in different statuses. Each time i bring in a new 2 week period i need the Expectation to stay the same for that period, but if chosing more that 1 period it would increase by 1. So if choice is period 1, then 60, if choice is period 1 and 2 then 120, etc. Is there a calculation that will do this?

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kornholio 

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Spoiler
Hi,

So, I have fields...

Provider Name
Expectation
Units
Date
Status

So, each CSV file comes in to me for a period, say 03-01-20 to 3-14-20 is period 1, 03-15-20 to 03-31-20 is period 2. Each period is used as a filter option on the dashboard, so you can choose 1 or multiple periods. The Expectation during each period is 60 for each Provider Name. This is an expectation of Units to Expectation of 60 each period calculated. 

So, if the user chooses 1 period the Expectation is 60, but right now if the user chooses 2 periods, the Expectation stays at 60 but the units increase. I need the Expectation to show 60 for each Provider Name during each period, but if user chooses 2 or more periods, the Expectation needs to go up. So 2 periods =120 for Expectation

@Kornholio 

You may try ALLSELECTED and COUNTROWS to add a measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi, so i have a csv file that is updated every two weeks. For example first file is for date range 1-1-20 to 1-14-20, it only has date column called Target Date, which is between those dates above. Then second file comes is from 1-14-20 to 1-21-20, dsmr Target Date column with those dates. Then the third, fourth, etc are two week periods coming in. How do i update the Power BI to take in each new csv file with the additional dates or periods in this case? I want it to fetch the newest file and then add to the dashboard the new information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.