Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DvdH
Helper V
Helper V

Filter dataset based on multiple inputs(Strings).

Hey! I am decently new to Power BI and I'm requesting your support!
So im trying to filter out data from my table. In particular the column Order.
What i am trying to achieve is:

DvdH_1-1669291889990.png

A filter working exactly like this does. However i want to be able to copy paste the filter value myself. i.e

I want to be able to copy paste that into

DvdH_2-1669291989427.png

Custom text filter^.

Would there be a way to input multiple values at once?
I want the exact same outcome as the first picture but with text instead of selecting the order numbers. Because i might need to filter based on 100 order numbers and it would not be handy to do this manually.
This should be such a simple visualization but i just can't quite put my finger on it.
Any suggestions are welcome! I've looked at somany possible things to do...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DvdH
Helper V
Helper V

Hey! I've found the solution i needed for this problem after 2h+ of googling and tweaking.
Video: Power Bi - Filter by Multiple Comma Separated Values - YouTube
It is a visual called Mass filter that does exactly what i needed.
Need help installing/using it? Check out the amazing video as seen above.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DvdH
Helper V
Helper V

Hey! I've found the solution i needed for this problem after 2h+ of googling and tweaking.
Video: Power Bi - Filter by Multiple Comma Separated Values - YouTube
It is a visual called Mass filter that does exactly what i needed.
Need help installing/using it? Check out the amazing video as seen above.

NikhilChenna
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @DvdH , I hope this solution will help you. 

I have tried the Smart Filter Pro and I don't think it supports copy pasting multiple values.
You will have to type in multiple values and select one at a time.

This is also available in the default slicer visual, where you can type in one value at a time and do the selection.
You will need to turn off the 'Single Selection' and turn on the 'Multi-Selection with Ctrl' from the formatting pane of the visual.

However, if this does not work for you and if you want a substitute to the Smart Filter Pro, then you can have a look at the 'Attribute Slicer'​ custom visual.
It is made by Microsoft itself, so I doubt there should be any problems in getting it approved from the admin.

Here is a video for the attribute slicer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamLu0tYSRo

Please let us know if this works for you and if not, kindly share your solution once you resolve the problem.

Regards,

Nikhil Chenna

Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

The Smart Filter Pro Copy & Paste is exactly what i was looking for... However this is a paid subscription and as such i won't be able to use it. However i can use it as an example for people to understand what i need. So thanks anyways! I used the demo and it worked how i'd need to use it.

NikhilChenna
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @DvdH ,

As the solution is working for you. 

Hey sadly the solution does not work since it is a paid subscription based visual. However i have found the solution and will comment about this and accept it.

Indeed the selecting multiple values was found by me aswell. I will have a look at the smart filter pro however it is a must to copy paste all values. Since like i said i could be working with 100s of filter values. I can't type them all if i did that im better off using the normal Slicer already equipped in Power BI since u can then select all values aswell. I will take a look at smart filter pro. Thanks in advance!

NikhilChenna
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@DvdH ,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.