Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RsimonAlign
Helper I
Helper I

Filter data with a list

Hi ,

I created a list based on excel sheet from sharepoint.

With the list I filter my sql query using (ex. Select * from Accounts where AccountID IN(ListFromExcel))

It’s working fine in my PB desktop and i can refresh the data and get what i'm expecting to get.

When I published my pbix to server and try to Refresh the data source I get error :

Underlying error code: -2147467259

Underlying error message: [Unable to combine data] Section1/Accounts/Source references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.

DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources: [{"kind":"SQL","path":"SERVER;DATABASE"}]

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason: PrivacyError

Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Do you know how to solve this issue ?

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RsimonAlign,

As vanessafvg said, it may be related to data privacy setting issues when your query table reference data across different query tables on power bi service. You can double-check on the data privacy setting on power bi service side.

Power BI Security#data-storage-security 

BTW, what happens if you directly add get data external data in your query table?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User I
Super User I

have you checked your privacy settings?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/desktop-privacy-levels

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.