Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Glaeran
Frequent Visitor

Filter data by latest available date

Hello Everyone,

I would like to filter out data on some visuals inside my report based on the latest available date. (preferably by selecting latest available date on slicer)

I have found this solution:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Setting-the-Default-Value-of-a-Slicer/td-p/16442

However, we don't want to show the latest available week as "Latest week", but as normal date.. Is it possible to do?

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Glaeran,

In your scenario, you can create a calculated column to return True or False to indicate the each date whether it's in the last week.

IsLastWeek = IF(WEEKNUM('Table1'[Date ],1)=WEEKNUM(NOW(),1)-1,TRUE(),FALSE())

Then use HierarchySlicer visual to display both IsLastWeek column and Date column. For more information, please see attached .pbix file.

z1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msftthat's not exactly what I'm looking for..

I have following slicer:

8e01339181

What I would love to achieve is PowerBI to automatically select latest available date (so in that case 17.03.2019, but once new data appears that would be 24.03.2019 etc..).

The less loved way would be to pass maximum date value into some parameter and filter out report by default by it assuming no selections on slicer are made.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Glaeran,

I was facing the same issue and was wondering if you found a way to circumvent that problem. Kindly let me know if you found a solution to this problem!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.