Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter data and then merge multiple excel files stored in a sharepoint

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for your help. I've an idea althought I dont know if it is possible.

We have a sharepoint list similar to this one in which each assigned analyst have to attach an excel document in astandarized manner in each row. Every row contains only 1 excel file and all of them have the same structure (Number of columns, names of the columns, etc).

maxresdefault.jpg

Now I was able to Merge the files by using this helpful guide, but the problem is that I need to filter my sharepoint data BEFORE merging the files and by using this method it wont give me the option.

IE: Filter the data by "Argentina" Only and THEN merge all of the excel files.

Is there any workaround for this?

THANK YOU!!!

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Filtering after merging is a relatively simple method. You can apply the filter directly to the corresponding column after merging, or create a parameter to filter items.

https://www.poweredsolutions.co/2018/12/03/clever-filters-in-power-bi-power-query-with-merge-operati... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.