Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rkaul
Frequent Visitor

Filter dashboard basis two date ranges

Hi everyone,

I want to filter my dashboard basis two date ranges, i.e. I want one date range between 08/01/2018 to 08/25/2018 and second date range to be 08/01/2019 to 08/25/2019 to compare certain metrics in these two date ranges. The dashboard should update the corresponding years' merchandise volume and other numbers for both these ranges accordingly. For e.g. output would look like

image.png

If I change the date range to -  between 08/01/2018 to 08/07/2018 and 08/01/2019 to 08/07/2019, it should update the corresponding 2018 and 2019 values (volume, order count etc. ). I'm taking this data from a single table. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PANDAmonium
Resolver III
Resolver III

You can do a few things. If you're okay with the date range not crossing between months, you can create a dropdown slicer just for month and a slider (between slicer) just for date.

• Create a slicer visual.
  • Expand the date heirachy within your date field.
  • Select month and drag it into your slicer.
  • Swith the slicer to dropdown or however you want to display it.
  • Repeat with Day from your date heirachy and switch to a slider.

Or you can create a new column with the dates all set to them same year like 0001 or whatever, and then filter the new column however you normally would filter dates like maybe with a slider or one of the calendars from the marketplace.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PANDAmonium
Resolver III
Resolver III

You can do a few things. If you're okay with the date range not crossing between months, you can create a dropdown slicer just for month and a slider (between slicer) just for date.

Or you can create a new column with the dates all set to them same year like 0001 or whatever, and then filter the new column however you normally would filter dates like maybe with a slider or one of the calendars from the marketplace.

Hey , thanks a lot for that solution. That solved my problem. Really appreciate it !

@PANDAmonium wrote:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.