Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

afrutos
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filter by slicer

Hello everyone,
I have a question.

In this report I am filtering by the title of the work I want in that case, and I would like that slicer to allow me to create a button that takes me to another page that shows me the details ONLY FOR THAT WORK.
Currently I have managed to do it through the drill through; in this way, if the user filters by a work, and in the graph selects a bar, it activates a button that then takes me to a page where I have its details.

Is there any way to do this without the user having to select a column in the chart, and just by applying the slider of the title of the work, I activate a button to access its details.

In yellow the bottons and slicers.

afrutos_0-1646913855499.png

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally found a better approach.

afrutos_0-1647419877163.png

In fact yo can filter other pages based on a slicer on another page, using want i'm showing you.

Here's more information about it:

Is it possible to filter a table that I have on page B, by a segmenter that I have on page A? SEE - SYNCHRONIZATION OF SLICERS

https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
afrutos
Resolver I
Resolver I

It's not exactly what I want, I mean, is there a possibility to pass filters by slicer instead by a drillthrough?

Hi @afrutos ,

Pass filters by slicer instead by a drillthrough seems impossible.

Slicers will only filter visuals of the current page.

You could submit an idea and vote for it: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I finally found a better approach.

afrutos_0-1647419877163.png

In fact yo can filter other pages based on a slicer on another page, using want i'm showing you.

Here's more information about it:

Is it possible to filter a table that I have on page B, by a segmenter that I have on page A? SEE - SYNCHRONIZATION OF SLICERS

https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @afrutos ,

I think you want a drillthrough button, a button that drills through to a page with details that are filtered to a specific context. Please kindly refer to

Create a drillthrough button in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.