Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mmazzalay
Frequent Visitor

Filter by currency

Hey there
I created a report in which the user can select currency to see the data. To solve this, I have a table like this:

Date               Sales     Currency
01/01/2019    10000   ARS
01/01/2019        222   USD

The table shows sales in each single date in both currencies.
Is there any other way to solve this?

Any suggestions?

Regards, Marianela.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mmazzalay ,

You can create a new table named Currency like below:

CurrencyName

Rate

USD

ARS

Assuming to take US dollar as the basic currency rate, let the [CurrencyName] in Currency as the source of Slicer visual. Then you can create a new measure like DAX below.

CurrentSales = IF(ISFILTERED('Currency'[CurrencyName]),SUM(Table1[sales])*VALUES('Currency'[Rate]),SUM(Table1[sales]))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mmazzalay ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mmazzalay ,

You can create a new table named Currency like below:

CurrencyName

Rate

USD

ARS

Assuming to take US dollar as the basic currency rate, let the [CurrencyName] in Currency as the source of Slicer visual. Then you can create a new measure like DAX below.

CurrentSales = IF(ISFILTERED('Currency'[CurrencyName]),SUM(Table1[sales])*VALUES('Currency'[Rate]),SUM(Table1[sales]))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.