Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stuk
Helper I
Helper I

Filter by Month my graphic

Hello everyone i have this graphic  Capture.PNGmade with those datas Capture1.PNGand i would like to class it month by month but advanced filter don't help me to do that, i don't know if it's useful but i have a calendar Capture2.PNG i have also tried this Capture3.PNG but it didn't worked do you have a solution? 

5 REPLIES 5
Stuk
Helper I
Helper I

Other any solutions is welcome too

@Stuk

In this scenario, you already have a calendar table with date. To have to data group on month, you can add "Year-Month" and "Month Number" column in your calendar table. See: HOW TO CREATE A DATE TABLE IN POWER BI IN 2 SIMPLE STEPS

The issue mentioned in error message should be on "Date[Date].[Month]<=Max(Date[Date])". Don't use a month compare with a date directly. I'm not quite clear about your logic. It seems the comparison in your calculatioin filter should be on date level. It will be aggregate on Month level if you add those Month/Year-Month column as @MattAllington suggested. And if you want to compare month, it's better to use MONTH() function on date which returns integer values.

Regards,

Stuk
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks i tried this function Capture5.PNG "Dax comparaison don't take care about Text values with date values but i don't have any text values in my function, i'm using NombreCapture6.PNG  and the calendar the only text i have come from CT but i need it Capture7.PNG what can i do?

Yes a calendar is good. You need time intelligence. Read my articl ehere

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/dax-time-intelligence-beginners/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Actually, maybe all you need I see a calendar table with a column called month.  For each date just have the month name and then use that's on your chart. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.