Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elflakoconk
Helper II
Helper II

Filter blank rows in visuals

Hello all

I have meny tables with a one on one relation using id field, for example this 2:

duda_pt1.png

and I have 2 visuals, 1 donut chart and 1 table data

duda_pt2.png
I need to by clicking the donut chart on value 2, filter the table like this:

Id

but it's not happening. One more thing, I don't want to create a table for each field without blank rows.

I hoppe this explanation has been clear. Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@elflakoconk , as val2 is column(aggregated) means measure, it will not filter data on click.

You can unpivot three columns val1, val2, val3, that will make the dimensions/parameter and then you can drill

refer

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elflakoconk ,

For donut chart visual, the added field of Values is a specific field type, such as max, min, average, etc., so clicking any part of donut chart visual will not interact with the table and affect it. If you really need this requirement, you can post your idea here: Ideas - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@elflakoconk , as val2 is column(aggregated) means measure, it will not filter data on click.

You can unpivot three columns val1, val2, val3, that will make the dimensions/parameter and then you can drill

refer

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

Thanks for your contribution, don't you know if there's another way to do this? Is kind of complicated to unpivot all my columns and get functional atributtes, names are too long and there are a lot of different values, for my donut chart's I can change the label to display to "Yes/No", "Vacant/No vacant", etc. but with this solution I need to transform all the data, is almost the same to have a table for each classification.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors