Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter based on text: A or B or C or .. BUT NOT A + B + C + ...

Hello,

I have a sales report and multiple filters are applied: Segment, Collection, and Category. The values in the filters are text (i.e. shoes or bags or apparel). Now i want to view all orders, based on all values selected from the three categories. 

For instance, when selecting A from Segment, B from Collection, C from category, POWER BI shows orders that meet all the three conditions (A + B + C).

I want to see all the results that meet one or more of the conditions (A or B or C). 

Can someone help? Thanks in advnace !! 

br, Di

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

You are referring using OR condition in several slicers, please kindly refer to this article: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-or-conditions-between-slicers-in-dax/

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add each column as a Slicer

Disabled interaction of each slicer on each other/ matrix table

Created measure

See sample file:

https://filebin.net/6a578upqb7gk3ju3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks to your reply. Although I am not sure if that is what i am searching for. 

Maybe we can use a more concreted example here. I want to find out how many customers have bought products, that meet at least one of the conditions: 

1 - Heel_Height_Group: "High 55+ mm"

2 - Collection_type: "SEM Collection"

3 - Occasion:  "Formal"

These 3 conditions come from 3 different filters. They are 3 different columns in the dataset. 

Now, if i select apply these conditions, i will see customers who have bought "High 55+ mm" AND "SEM Collection" AND "Formal". I dont want to see customers meeting all 3 conditions.

What i need, is to konw the total amount of distinct customers who bought "High 55+ mm" OR "B2B Collection" OR "Outdoor". I want the customers meeting at least one of the conditions. 

Can you please advise how? 

br, Di

2019-08-14 13_12_12-Fact sheet - Power BI Desktop.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

You are referring using OR condition in several slicers, please kindly refer to this article: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-or-conditions-between-slicers-in-dax/

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

much appreciated to your answer, it works now !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

please provide file with sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.