cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davlaf Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Filter based on another visual result

Hi all,

I'm new with PowerBI and coming from MicroStrategy. In MicroStrategy I was using the concept of report sample filter and relationship filter quite a lot. Basically, the result of a visual was used as a filter for another visual. I've searched for a way to do this and on this forum but without success.

Lets say we have Visual A that shows a top 10 client number based on the amount spent over the last month.

Lets say we have Visual B that would show more information (and other facts) on the 10 clients from Visual A. 

How would you configure Visual B to take the client values from Visual A   as filter?

Thank you!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filter based on another visual result

Hi @davlaf ,

If fields added to visual A and visual B are from the same table or related table, these two visuals are relative. You could apply filters to visual A via slicer or “Page/Report level filters” to get Top 10 records, that way, visual B will also be affected, showing corresponding details of the Top 10 clients.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filter based on another visual result

Hi @davlaf ,

If fields added to visual A and visual B are from the same table or related table, these two visuals are relative. You could apply filters to visual A via slicer or “Page/Report level filters” to get Top 10 records, that way, visual B will also be affected, showing corresponding details of the Top 10 clients.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.