Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sparkplug9375
Helper III
Helper III

Filter and stopping line chart at today

Hello,

I'm using a running total to graph actual vs forecast. Forecast extends to mid 2020 and the actual should stop at today. My running total column has a second filter depending on if the cell is blank or not.

I've been using this link to stop the actual line but it is not working and giving me a value of zero rather than the measures true value

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Forecasts-for-year-and-actuals-for-ytd-only/td-p/825702

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @sparkplug9375 

You may try to remove ALLSELECTED(Calendar[Date]) in the formula

Actuals Running Total YTD = IF(LASTDATE(Calendar[Date])>=TODAY(), BLANK(), CALCULATE([Existing Measure], ALLSELECTED(Calendar[Date])))

Actuals Running Total YTD =
IF ( LASTDATE ( Calendar[Date] ) >= TODAY (), BLANK (), [Existing Measure] )

If not your case, please share a simple sample pbix file and your expected output.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sparkplug9375
Helper III
Helper III

Broken Totals Chart.PNG

The actual YTD is now stopping at the correct spot but not actually curving

hi, @sparkplug9375 

You may try to remove ALLSELECTED(Calendar[Date]) in the formula

Actuals Running Total YTD = IF(LASTDATE(Calendar[Date])>=TODAY(), BLANK(), CALCULATE([Existing Measure], ALLSELECTED(Calendar[Date])))

Actuals Running Total YTD =
IF ( LASTDATE ( Calendar[Date] ) >= TODAY (), BLANK (), [Existing Measure] )

If not your case, please share a simple sample pbix file and your expected output.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.