Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akj2784
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Filter and Selected based question

Hi All,

I have a waterfall chart wherein I am using Selected function in the metric to capture the filters selected and based on that I am showing the count.

Now when I click on the bar in waterfal chart to see the detail report, I am seeing ectra records as the selected filter doesn't get passed to the detail report. And I cannot add the metric in the detail report and also I cannot add visual level filter.

Any suggestions using DAX if I can reduce the number of records in Detail report too based on Selected function as I see the correct result in Waterfall chart.

Regards,

Akash

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akj2784,

>>I have a waterfall chart wherein I am using Selected function in the metric to capture the filters selected and based on that I am showing the count.

I'm not so sure for this can you please explain more detail about this operation?

BTW, I test on my side and try to use waterfall visual to filter other visual, it works well.

8.PNG

If you means records displayed by 'show data' option, current it only show summary result and not support drill to detail records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

So basically i have 3 slicers, depending on which slicer is selected I am changing the metric. So lets says i have selected slicer 1, for this selection I have metric count as 8 and hence in the waterfal chart it shows 8.

However when I click on the bar in the waterfal chart, it should show relevant records in the detail report. But what it does is assume i have 10 records in the database table, because of my slicer selection the count showed 8 in the chart. but in the detail it shows 10. so it is not passing slicer selection logic to detail report.

Hi @akj2784,

Can you please share pbix file for further test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I may have to create a new pbix with dummy tables and data. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.