Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter a measure only in specific case, removing filter on visual

Hi, i have a problem with power bi Desktop. I have in a page 2 slicer (Year, Month) and a table that show project name, year, month, pianification period and value. Pianification period is a calculated column that for the month and year choosen in the slicer, it show current month, next month and next 2 months. If i choose from slicer year = 2019 and month = 11, PianificationPeriod show values 11 (current month), 12 (next month) and 1(next 2 month). But attention: this last value of PianificationPeriod must be of the next year (2020). My attended result is this:

PROJECTYEAR (from slicer)MONTH (from slicer)PIANIFICATION PERIODVALUE
P120191111123
P120191112456
P12019111

789 (value of month 1 of 2020)

The result obtained is this:

PROJECTYEAR (from slicer)MONTH (from slicer)PIANIFICATION PERIODVALUE
P120191111123
P120191112456
P120191110

Here's my measure VALUE and my calculated column PianificationPeriod:

PIANIFICATION_PERIOD = 

SWITCH(RELATED('CONTO_HIER_CP01'[COD_LIV02]);
    "FCT_T"; VALUE(FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO]);
    "FCT_T1"; IF(VALUE(FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO]) = 12;1;VALUE(FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO]) + 1);
    "FCT_T2"; SWITCH(VALUE(FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO]);
11;1;
12;2;
VALUE(FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO]) + 2
);
)

MEASURE_VALUE = 

IF(SELECTEDVALUE(FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO]) = 11 && SELECTEDVALUE(FACT_TABLE[PERIODO_PIANIFICAZIONE]) = 1;
SUMX (
CALCULATETABLE (FACT_TABLE;
FACT_TABLE[COD_SCENARIO]= "2020CPFCT";
FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO]=1;
CONTO[TIPO_IMPORTO] = "AMOUNT");
[IMPORTO_CONVERTITO]
)
;
IF(SELECTEDVALUE(FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO])=12 && SELECTEDVALUE(FACT_TABLE[PERIODO_PIANIFICAZIONE]) = 1;
;
IF(SELECTEDVALUE(FACT_TABLE[COD_PERIODO])=12 && SELECTEDVALUE(FACT_TABLE[PERIODO_PIANIFICAZIONE]) = 2;
;
CALCULATE([IMPORTO_CONVERTITO];FILTER(CONTO; CONTO[TIPO_IMPORTO] = "AMOUNT"))
)
)
)
3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , your last row is sowing P1 2019. How come system know it P1 2020.

In case of custom, period create an incremental rank and use that to solve such cases

This period = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[period Rank]=max('Date'[period Rank])))
Last period = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[period Rank]=max('Date'[period Rank])-1))
Nest 3 period Sales =

Var _min = maxx(allselected('Date','Date'[period Rank])

Var _max = maxx(allselected('Date','Date'[period Rank]) +3

CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Net Sales]),FILTER(all('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]>=_min && 'Date'[Week Rank]<=_max))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for you reply, but i don't want to use time intelligence for this case.

If the selected month is 11 and the pianification period is 1, i want to remove the filter on year and month to show value of another year and another month.. can i use function ALL to solve this?

We can't use time intelligence because we use the concept of Scenario (instead of year) and Period (instead of month). I used month and year in the first post to simplify the situation.

@Anonymous , all will remove all the filter. So better have your period in a different table and use all on that.

I think you can work with non-standard period using rank

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods/ba-p/881739

In this blog, we already have incremental period no, so did not use rank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.