cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Filter a map after two slicers are selected

Hi All, I am creating a report and I have a map with some facilities. But those facilities change the location each month and year. 

Store A in january 2017 is located in a specific latitude and longitude. Then, on january 2018 it is located in another coordinates.

So, when I creat the map, I created two slicers one with a year and other with a month. So the client can have a "picture" of the map in the selected month and year. But I have a problem: when the person selects January, not selecting any Year, it appears 2 "Store A" on the map (the one related to 2017 and the one related to 2018).

I was wondering if I can select January without filtering the map. Could the map just be filtered after the two slicers are selected?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Filter a map after two slicers are selected

Hi @marcoslepore,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature currently, I suggest you to use the "Hierarchy Slicer", it could help you to fix the month at the related year to filter the data:

1.PNG

Reference: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?src=office&tab=Overview

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @marcoslepore,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature currently, I suggest you to use the "Hierarchy Slicer", it could help you to fix the month at the related year to filter the data:

1.PNG

Reference: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?src=office&tab=Overview

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@v-danhe-msft Thanks for the suggestion. I´ll try this. Unfortunately the map will be filtered anyway. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors