Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sanimesa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Filter a line chart on a ToolTip with a timestamp range

We have a report that tracks the level/concentration of a chemical in tanks. The Tanks are dosed every night and during the dosing period the level jumps, showing a pulse like characteristic. Outside of dosing window, the level remains close to zero.

The main table has timestamp vs level. An additional table lists the dosing events with start and end timestamps.

We need to display the dosing events and for each event, the requiement is to show the corresponding pulse as a tooltip.

Curently I am only able to filter the tooltip on the Tank ID and the line chart on it shows all available data. I'd like to filter the line chat on the tooltip just to show the specific pulse corresponding to the dosing event.

Below pictures will probably explain it a lot better, also added a link to a sample report PBIX.

PBI Help Tank 1.PNGPBI Help Tank 2.PNGPBI Help Tank 3.PNG

Link to sample report:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjCzYamgkGsqqDrxHBwPA7_PD94l?e=JWLB6d

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I think this page is what you want:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips

There are other options like dynamic SVG tooltips but these might be overkill in your situation.

@lbendlinI got the tooltip working, but not the way I want it. Basically I want to be able to create a line chart from a time series data where the start and end times can be dynamically set. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.