Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

likmalik
Helper I
Helper I

Filter a graph without changing grand total value

Hello, I want to create a graph where I have the market share of 3 brands (values) and 10 countries (Axis).

question1.PNG

The problem is that the % of grand total is made only one the filtered 10 countries but I want the total to be made on all countries on my database. Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
likmalik
Helper I
Helper I

Finnaly found with this formula

% of Grand Total =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( Table1[Values] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table1'[Values] ), ALL ( 'Table1'[brands] ) )
)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
likmalik
Helper I
Helper I

Finnaly found with this formula

% of Grand Total =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( Table1[Values] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table1'[Values] ), ALL ( 'Table1'[brands] ) )
)
likmalik
Helper I
Helper I

Please someone can help me ? I have the same problem with lines where I want to follow the MS evolution month by month but the percentage is not made on the total value. 

This is the difference between what I want to get ( works on excel) and powerbi. Percentage are not the same.q3.PNGq2.PNG

Hi @likmalik ,

Can you share the formula where you are calculating the %'s. I will help you update it as per your requirement.

Regards,

Veena Shenolikar

Hello @veenashenolikar, thankyou ! Here is my measure and then I just show it as %of grand total with right click: 

My Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Column]), DATESBETWEEN(Sheet1[Date], DATE(2020,01,01),DATE(2020,12,31)))

@likmalik , Try a % measure like

My Measure = divide(My Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Column]), DATESBETWEEN(Sheet1[Date], DATE(2020,01,01),DATE(2020,12,31))), CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Column]), DATESBETWEEN(Sheet1[Date], DATE(2020,01,01),DATE(2020,12,31)), all(Sheet1)))

or

My Measure = divide(My Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Column]), DATESBETWEEN(Sheet1[Date], DATE(2020,01,01),DATE(2020,12,31))), CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Column]), DATESBETWEEN(Sheet1[Date], DATE(2020,01,01),DATE(2020,12,31)), allselected(Sheet1)))

Hello and thankyou @amitchandak but I don't know why but it didn't workex1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.