Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter a dimension

Hi Experts

I have a dimension at page level setting. In a pbix file. Which I fine. The dimension filters my net sales by either organic or inorganic. The problem I have is I want to only show the organic part of the dimension. I cannot add the dimension to the visual filter..

How could you do this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daniel See image

I want to only show the organic element of the dimension.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please offer me some sample data and post your desire result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daniel See image

I want to only show the organic element of the dimension.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

found a work around and it works...

I found a reliable workaround for this, you can basically just use a slicer on a slicer - after all, what is a slicer if not just a dynamic Visual Level Filter?

1. Create Slicer #1 for your users to interact with 2. Create Slicer #2 with the field you want to filter Slicer #1 by, i.e. the field that you would have put into your Visual Level Filter. (Example: If Slicer #1 has names of all sales reps in the company, and you only want it to show reps in a certain region, then create Slicer #2 with the Region field. Or, if you want to manually choose specific reps to show, then you can even just use the same Sales Rep field in Slicer #2) 3. Edit the interactions on Slicer #2 so that it ONLY INTERACTS WITH SLICER #1. If necessary, edit the interactions of your other visuals to not interact with Slicer #2. 4. Choose the values on Slicer #2 that you want to allow in Slicer #1, i.e. the values that you would have allowed in the Visual Level Filter. 5. Open the View tab, check the "Selection Pane" box, find Slicer #2 on the Selection Pane, and hide it (click the eye next to it) so users can't interact with it inadvertently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.