Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter a date table, show dates from other tables without synchronized slicers

Hi folks!

I have the following data structure:

StructureStructure

I would like to have a filter (page filter) to set year and month (date hierarchy) of the dates table and then show only data that was in the past for tickets and events.

I thought I could do somethingl like this:

Get the max value of selected Dates[Date] and compare each event/ticket date as calculated column if its less then max value of dates. But when I filter the dates those filter is not getting applied.

Therefore I created inactive relations and though I could use userelationship but then I got :

A circular Dependency was detected error while creating a calculated column

Avoid circle dependency errors in DAX

Do you have any hint how I could archive this in a correct way? I know I can do this by using synchronize slicers and group the dates to a specific slicers but I need to do it with filters.

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , ideally evens and ticket should not join and both tables should have single directional relation with date table (1 -M where date table is on one side)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi amitchandak, yes sure this would be the ideal case but unforunatly this dataset was justn an example to show the need. My real example is like this:
Server (created date, ...)
Ticket (created date, affected server id)
so I need to have the relation between server and ticket but also I want users to be able to pick up a month they want to see and get server and ticket data on one or multiple page. Of couse I could say ok users then please select 2 fields there, but the problem is there are even more tables with the same approach with a link to an item and an additional date field. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.