Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simo12447
Helper III
Helper III

Filter a column based on the value of another column

Hi All, 

stupid question.. but I really cannot fix it..

I am trying to distinct count the values in column A excluding the values in column B

A- ValueB-Exclude

The result should be 3... but if I do.. =CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[A]);ALLEXCEPT(Table1;Table1[B])) doesn't work.. how should I fix it?

thanks

Simone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i forget to add formula where 

Measure = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TableA[Column1]);FILTER(TableA;NOT(TableA[Column1] in VALUES(TableA[Column2]))))

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Bogas
Helper I
Helper I

you can create a new column and filter the page base on true 😃  or another way around 
hope this it will help 
Test.PNG

Not really because this is just a dummy example.. but I want to exclude any value from column B that appears in column A

Result:=CALCULATE(COUNT(Table1[Simone]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Simone]<>Table1[Exclude]))

but the result should be 3.. because I consider the 1 as a value... even if not repeated

exampleexample

Please look atention on my solution
you saying you want to show values from column1 where is not in column 2 correct ?
then my IF create value false where the values are iqual 😃

if i filter my page where this column is all ways true you will see 1,4 and 5 excloding 2 and 3

Test.PNG

yes, your solution works in Power BI .. and I learned a new things!! thanks for that.. but I am looking a solution for power query. Let me try to create the same and I will let you know.

the same think but in mesure 😃 is this you want ?

easy.PNG

i forget to add formula where 

Measure = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(TableA[Column1]);FILTER(TableA;NOT(TableA[Column1] in VALUES(TableA[Column2]))))

I thought I was answering... thank youuu soooo much!!! worked magically 🙂

Chapeau!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the same as your exemple 😃

aa.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@simo12447 , try

calculate(distinctCOUNT(Table[A]), Table[B]<>1)

OR
calculate(distinctCOUNT(Table[A]), filter(Table,Table[B]<>1))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!
!! Subscribe to my youtube Channel !!

thanks @amitchandak ... but I want to add to any value in column B .. not only 1 since it is an example.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI Show Ep 4 Post Show Carousel.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Shabnam Watson demos Incremental refresh & Hybrid Tables and Leila Etaati demos Charticulator.

PBI April Release 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the April 2022 updates!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!