cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jcs93 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Filter a Table that has a many to many relationship so that it can have a One to many relationship

Is it possible to be able to filter a table that it can go from a many to many relationship to a one to many relationship as a slicer selection is changed?

I have a set of data that has duplicate IDs (Table A) that I need to link to another table with more of those ID's (Table B).  The visuals aren't working properly unless I remove the duplicate IDs in Table A.  Problem is, I can't remove those duplicates without affecting other things.  The way Table A is constructed is that there are multiple years, but each year only has one ID.  Table B has more information, but again, only has one ID per Year.  Table A is the "base" of information that is used to compare inside Table B.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I've tried everything and am getting no where with Google's help and other searches.

If I include a parameter for the query of Table A, Table A can be filtered so that a one to many relationship is possible.  Since I can't pass parameters from the Report, I have to include all of Table A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter a Table that has a many to many relationship so that it can have a One to many relationsh

Hi @jcs93 ,

Create a bridge table that is compose by unique values from table A and Table B, then make a relationship between this table and tables A and B. Then use the bridge table to use inyour slicers, visuals and calculations.

Regards,

MFelix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter a Table that has a many to many relationship so that it can have a One to many relationsh

Hi @jcs93 ,

Create a bridge table that is compose by unique values from table A and Table B, then make a relationship between this table and tables A and B. Then use the bridge table to use inyour slicers, visuals and calculations.

Regards,

MFelix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!