Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gusdahu
Helper IV
Helper IV

Filter Visualization to include top 10 only

Hello,

I have a population of vendor spend over a given period. I included a visualization within my dashboard. However, I would like the visualization to only show the top 10 or 15 vendors by spend rather than the entire population. How may I do this?

Regards,

Gus Dahu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So, I don't have exact info on what you have but can point you to it. Select your visual. Underneath VISUALIZATIONS pane you should see a section called FILTERS. Within that section there is a "Visual level filters" area and it should include every column and measure that you have in your visual. Let's say you have a Column1 and a Column2 in a table. You want the Top N of Column1 (category of something) based upon Column2 (value). Hover over Column1 and click the drop down arrow.  Under "Filter Type", click the drop down and choose "Top N". For "Show items" leave the drop down at "Top" and put in the top number of items you want, let's say 10. In the "By value" area drag in your Column or Measure that you want the "top" to be based on. Click "Apply filter".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Easiest way in the Filters area use Top N filtering.

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler wrote:

Easiest way in the Filters area use Top N filtering.

Where would I find this filter?

Regards,

Gus

So, I don't have exact info on what you have but can point you to it. Select your visual. Underneath VISUALIZATIONS pane you should see a section called FILTERS. Within that section there is a "Visual level filters" area and it should include every column and measure that you have in your visual. Let's say you have a Column1 and a Column2 in a table. You want the Top N of Column1 (category of something) based upon Column2 (value). Hover over Column1 and click the drop down arrow.  Under "Filter Type", click the drop down and choose "Top N". For "Show items" leave the drop down at "Top" and put in the top number of items you want, let's say 10. In the "By value" area drag in your Column or Measure that you want the "top" to be based on. Click "Apply filter".

Latest book!:

This worked! Thanks Greg!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.