Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PriyankaJhaTheA
Helper II
Helper II

Filter - Urgent Problem

Hello Power BI enthusiasts,

I have an urgent question for you guys. I've two filters, Percentage (Table %, Column%), and Footprint (Size, Index).

The client wants the Percentage filter to be before the Footprint filter. The pic of the dashboard is below: 

Screenshot 2022-09-28 212202.png

The problem is that combination of Table % - Index- has no data to show in the dashboard. 

What DAX measure or setting should I use in Power BI so that when I select Table % in Percentage the footprint filter automatically changes to Size, and doesn't show the following blank columns view?

Screenshot 2022-09-28 212327.png

This is an URGENT REQUEST. Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @PriyankaJhaTheA 

I watched your video, the slicer manually selects the current filtering context, and since the "Table %" in your [Percentage] does not have a corresponding "index" in the [Footprint], you will not see "Table %" after you select "index". If you want to see the "Table %" option, you can toggle the "index" option for [Footprint].

Because the row headers in your visual are from another table and vary based on the current filtering context, we can't force modify the row headers under the "index" filtering context.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PriyankaJhaTheA 

Slicers are filtered based on user selection, and selection results cannot be modified by methods such as measures, but only by manually clearing filtering:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1664418801377.png

If you want to ignore the filter of the [Footprint] slicer when selecting "Table %" in [Percentage], you can use IF(SELECTRDVALUE('Table'[Percentage])="Table %")to determine whether to select or not, and then use ALL ('Table'[Footprint]) to clear the filter for that column.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Also, @v-yueyunzh-msft Can this measure work when Single Selection is on the filter?

Hi , @PriyankaJhaTheA 

I download your .pbix file , you can open the interactions between two slice,so you will not appear the blank data.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1664438930155.png

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

@v-yueyunzh-msft let me know if it's possible, otherwise I can try to find any other work around?

Hey, @v-yueyunzh-msft I have gone this route it doesn't actually solve my UX problem. 

Please watch this loom link --https://www.loom.com/share/7de88926bde04e929b66b13db9150ed2

The problem is when I have this enabled and select Column % and Index, the Table % option vanishes from the filter selection.

If you cannot watch this, by any chance, the gist of the video is the following:

When someone has column % selected in Percentage and Index selected in Footprint, then they want to see Table % in Percentage, so they change it. But Index is still selected in the Footprint filter. So the following view shows up. 

The client doesn't want to see this. They want Size in Footprint to be automatically selected when they select Table % in Percentage.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 212327.png

Hi , @PriyankaJhaTheA 

I watched your video, the slicer manually selects the current filtering context, and since the "Table %" in your [Percentage] does not have a corresponding "index" in the [Footprint], you will not see "Table %" after you select "index". If you want to see the "Table %" option, you can toggle the "index" option for [Footprint].

Because the row headers in your visual are from another table and vary based on the current filtering context, we can't force modify the row headers under the "index" filtering context.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

Thanks for explaining this. I can at least go to my client and say why this is not possible. 

Thanks for the suggestion, can you please help me with the implementation of this on this demo pbix? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1g-iR4ZE_hc-zogFF2e52i6vXl0tEYE/view?usp=sharing 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.