Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

justinMcC
Frequent Visitor

Filter Table With Greater than, Less Than Formula

Hi

I need to create a filer on a report to will allow the user to dynamically filter an animal table based on animal age in months with greater than less than. Eg show me animals aged between 1 and 36 months

I have the age of animal age in months, my issue is that I don't know how to create a filter that will give me a list of the animals that match the filter criteria

Here is a demo of data I want to filter:

RAW TABLE DATA:

CLIENTID ANIMALID    AGE(MTHS)
client 1     animal 1         12
client 1     animal 2         15
client 2     animal 3         13
client 2     animal 4         19

END USER FILTER:
Age(mths) >= 12 and Age(mths) <= 14

END RESULT:

CLIENTID  ANIMALID    AGE(MTHS)
client 1     animal 1        12
client 2 animal 3            13

To Surmise I need a way to filter the data based on a greater than less than and a way for the user to select these parameters from a filter on the report

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@justinMcC,

Although there is no between option in Power BI Service, when I publish PBIX file which has between option in numeric range slicer, the slicer works as expected and I set different values in the slicer, please review my screenshot.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you just use a Slicer visualization for Age set to Between? It's the little drop down arrow next to the eraser on the Slicer visualization.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Smoupre

I have tried the slicer visualisation filter however the only option available are list and dropdown. The Age(Mth) figures are formatted as a whole number

I did find this option in a number of articles, however in recent comments users have identified that this option no longer works (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicer-numeric-range)

If the slicer needs 'fixed' by PowerBI then I am trying to find a workournd for this

Thanks for your help

It seems to be a preview option on mine, try playing with your settings to turn it on maybe?

Hi @jthomson

Thanks for your reply, I did try the numeric slicer, it works great in preview, however when I publish the report it converts the numeric slicer to a list

As this option doesn't work on a published report, is there a workaround?

@justinMcC,

Although there is no between option in Power BI Service, when I publish PBIX file which has between option in numeric range slicer, the slicer works as expected and I set different values in the slicer, please review my screenshot.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks to everyone for your replies, I can use 'between' as a workaround for now.

Hopefully the numerical slicer will have full functionality available from preview to published soon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.