Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Whatever1
Helper I
Helper I

Filter Table Visual with Buttons

I have a table something like this:

IDDateDescriptionValue1Value2Value3
110/5/2022Description1102
210/1/2022Description2245
310/15/2022Description3040
410/16/2022Description4100
510/20/2022Description5044

The report has a date slicer so the user can choose records between two dates. 

Now I would like to add three buttons, Value1, Value2, Value3 so that, when they are pressed, the visual will show records that have those values greater than 0. The user can click more than one button. 

For example, if the user selected the Value1 button he would see records 1, 2, and 4. If he selected both the Value1 and Value3 buttons he would see records 1,2,4, and 5.

It seems like this should be simple but everything I try seems to be one step away from working. If it makes any difference, the ID, Date, and Description columns are from one table and the Value columns are measures calculated from a different table. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
taab
Regular Visitor

You can achieve this by using slicer visual in PowerBI, with Advanced Filtering.

Check this out for details https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/training/modules/power-bi-effective-filters/3-slicers

That only deals with slicers based on one field in the table. I want to have slicer buttons that filter on values in the columns. Also, I need the slicer to allow showing records that have positive values in either of the items selected (OR not AND)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.