Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Selections in Card Sorted by Specific Order

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Card visual that will show all the slicer selections the end user has selected - but the selections are not showing in the order each column has been sorted by.  Is there a way to sort what is being displayed by the same order the slicer column is sorted by?

Example:

I have the following in my data (COUNTRY is "Sort Column by" COUNTRY_INDEX and REVENUE is "Sort Column by" REVENUE_INDEX):

COUNTRY      COUNTRY_INDEX       REVENUE          REVENUE_INDEX
USA                1                                 <$25K               1

Canada           2                                 $25-50K            2

Mexico           3                                  $50K+              3

When the user selects the slicer I want it to show in a card like this:

Revenue: <$25K, $25-50K

But I can't seem to get it to show in the order I want above - it will alphabetize the order like this:

Revenue: $25-50K, <$25K

This is my measure I'm using (I'm just showing the first 2 slicers but I have many more):

IF(ISFILTERED(TABLE[COUNTRY]),CONCATENATE("COUNTRY: ",
CONCATENATEX(VALUES(TABLE[COUNTRY]),TABLE[COUNTRY],", ",TABLE[COUNTRY])),BLANK()) & UNICHAR(10) &
IF(ISFILTERED(TABLE[REVENUE]),CONCATENATE("REVENUE: ",
CONCATENATEX(VALUES(TABLE[REVENUE]),TABLE[REVENUE],", ",TABLE[REVENUE])),BLANK())

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous try this:

CONCATENATEX(SUMMARIZE ( TABLE, TABLE[REVENUE], TABLE[REVENUE_INDEX]),[REVENUE],", ",[REVENUE_INDEX])),BLANK())

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous try this:

CONCATENATEX(SUMMARIZE ( TABLE, TABLE[REVENUE], TABLE[REVENUE_INDEX]),[REVENUE],", ",[REVENUE_INDEX])),BLANK())

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

This worked perfectly

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous give sort order in concatenatex function , for example

CONCATENATEX(SUMMARIZE ( TABLE, TABLE[REVENUE], TABLE[Revenue Sort Key]),TABLE[REVENUE],", ",TABLE[REVENUE Sort Key])),BLANK())

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi parry2k

Thank you for your response!

I replaced "Revenue sort key" with Revenue_Index but it can't find the column in my table?  Am I using it incorrectly?

CONCATENATEX(SUMMARIZE ( TABLE, TABLE[REVENUE], TABLE[REVENUE_INDEX]),TABLE[REVENUE],", ",TABLE[REVENUE_INDEX])),BLANK())

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.