Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mmartinez11
Regular Visitor

Filter Rows by Parameter Grayed Out

Sorry if this is a repeat anywhere, but I have not been able to find anything that has helped to answer my question. When I go to try and filter my data by parameters so that I can set up incremental refreshes, the parameter button is grayed out and I don't know how to change that:

Parameter Grayed Out.PNG

Per the incremental refresh article, Pro users are able to use this feature, and I have verified that I have a Pro account. Please help me to figure out how to enable this. I have checked the "Always allow parameterization in data source and transformation dialogs" and also the "Incremental Refresh Policies" and neither of those have helped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mmartinez11 try to change your column data type to date/time

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mmartinez11 did you already added the required parameters?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k 

Yes, I have added those and named them RangeStart and RangeEnd like I have seen in the instructions:

Parameter Grayed Out.PNG

I also tried adding it as part of the filtering by clicking the New Parameter option and neither has worked.

@mmartinez11 try to change your column data type to date/time

Awesome, thank you so much. I really appreciate it was so simple and just an oversight on my part.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.