Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Filter Real Time Dashboards in Power BI

Hello All,

I am planning to embed a dashboard in my web app which will showcase real time data.

Flow will be like this:
Console app will pull data from Mongo DB > Console app will post the data to Power BI dataset using REST API > Report will be created on top of this dataset > Pinning visuals on Dashboard for live updates.

Problem Statement

Since i will be embedding my dashboard into a web app, i have two filters (DropDowns) in the Web app whose value i need to pass in order to filter data. If i somehow pass these filters to my console app and filter the data it will do this for all the users who are seeing my embedded report.

Is there any way so that i can pass filters such that only the user who has changed value in his dropdown sees the filtered data and others see it as is.

Regards,

Prateek Raina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@prateekraina

Streaming dataset doesn't support filtering. For more details, please refer to: 

Real-time streaming in Power BI

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello All,

I am planning to embed a dashboard in my web app which will showcase real time data.

Flow will be like this:
Console app will pull data from Mongo DB > Console app will post the data to Power BI dataset using REST API > Report will be created on top of this dataset > Pinning visuals on Dashboard for live updates.

Problem Statement

Since i will be embedding my dashboard into a web app, i have two filters (DropDowns) in the Web app whose value i need to pass in order to filter data. If i somehow pass these filters to my console app and filter the data it will do this for all the users who are seeing my embedded report.

Is there any way so that i can pass filters such that only the user who has changed value in his dropdown sees the filtered data and others see it as is.

Regards,

Prateek Raina

@prateekraina

Streaming dataset doesn't support filtering. For more details, please refer to: 

Real-time streaming in Power BI

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.