Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nosh10
Helper II
Helper II

Filter / Query

Hello, 

After filtering on a product, I would like to show all customers that purchased that product in a table. Based upon the results, I  would like to see what other products those customers purchased in another table in the report. 

Example:

1. Select product A from filter

2. Click on a customer name based on the results from the filter 

3. Display all products that the customer purchased including product A in a different table 

* Product A is a mandatory selection 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

You may refer to my solution to a similar problem here - Identify Customers that Organisations can upsell or cross sell their products to.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Nosh10
Helper II
Helper II

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 4.13.03 PM.png

Hi, @Nosh10 

First we make a calculate table that copy the data table to ignore the filter on pear

DataCopy = Data

then create a measure to control the show/hide of row.

Status2 =
IF (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( DataCopy[Customer ID] )
        IN CALCULATETABLE ( VALUES ( Data[Customer ID] ) ),
    BLANK ()
)

At last, use the column in datacopy table to create the table you want

Filter.PNG

Then with the feature of Sync Slicer, you can put the table into another page.

Filter2.PNGFilter3.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ DongLi
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft 

Thank you. 

The DataCopy = Data   calculation is not working. Please note, as I forgot to mention, I'm using DirectQuery, not import. Not sure if this is why I'm not able to copy the table. I copied the table in edit query, but the table doesn't show in the report 

Hi @Nosh10 ,

Have you changed the table name in formula to your table? The copy of table using DirectQuery works fine on my side.

But you have trouble doing this you can try the workaround that connect to the same table using DirectQurey again to get a same table, it should work as the same as the calculate table in the following picture.

4.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ DongLi
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msftYes I changed the table name in the edit query and it's still not showing in the report 

Hi @Nosh10 ,

Create the calculate table is not supported in DirectQuery Mode. You can try the workaround that connect the datasource again.

Best regards,

Hi,

You may refer to my solution to a similar problem here - Identify Customers that Organisations can upsell or cross sell their products to.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

If customers are coming from a transactional Table and product is coming from dimension, it will happen automatically.

If both are coming from different tables, Try bi-directional join. You have the option on relation property.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nosh10 

Please provide some sample data and expected results.

Thanks

A

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.