Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Out Values in A Slicer

Hi,

Is there a way to filter out Values using a slicer? This can be worked around by using a visual level filter or page level advance filter but it is not that intuative for people who don't use PowerBi.

For example, I use two different tables of data, one of which has a column with 5 values in (A,B,C,D & E) and the other has only 1 (A). If I filter out A in table 1 data it will still show a SUM of A data in table 2, unless I filter A out in an advanced filter, as this is the only value.

Is there a slicer which I can use that is do not include A?

Kind regards

Dominic

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

From your description, I’m not very clear about your requirement. I guess you want to filter out “A” in table1 and still show a sum of “A” data in table2, right?
If it is correct, based on my test, you can refer to below steps:

1.I have entered some sample data to test for your problem like the picture below.

1.PNG

2.Create a Slicer visual and two Table visual and add the related columns.

4.PNG

3.Open the “Edit interactions” function and click the “None” of the table with only column “A”.

4.PNG

Now you can filter out A in table 1 data and it will still show a SUM of A data in table 2.
You can also download the PBIX file to have a view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj3grhl2ykubqc0/Filter%20Out%20Values%20in%20A%20Slicer.pbix?dl=0

If I misunderstand your requirement, would you please clarify the desired results regarding my sample data?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

Apologies, I mean I would like to filter out value A in table 1 but then also filter out value A in table 2 where A is the only value.

Hope this is clearer?

Kind regards

Dominic

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.