Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Order is not as expected.

Hi All,

I have created simple Report using Power BI Desktop.

and the report is having 3 filters 1. FiscalMOnthNumber 2. FIscalQuarter and 3.FIscalYear

The Current order of filter is :

1.FiscalMOnthNumber
2.FiscalQuarter
3.FiscalYear

The Expected order of filter is:

1.FiscalYear
2.FiscalQuarter
3.FiscalMOnthNumber

Kindly request you to help me on this.

Thanks in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous

You are right that it rearranges the order. I think you can acheive this through a little trick if feasible for you.

Just rename the columns as A.FiscalYear , B.Quarter & C.Month

Hope this would resolve your issue. Smiley Wink

Regards

Affan

View solution in original post

hi, @Anonymous

the fields in FIELDS and FILTERS are set to sort alphabetically by default. and it can be changed for now.

You could rename the fields by adding a prefix to sort them as a workaround for now.

for example:

3FiscalMOnthNumber
2FiscalQuarter
1FiscalYear

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous

It is not clear what you are looking for. Can you please share you pbix file if possible? or atleast a screenshot of what you are currently having on the report and how you want it to be.

Regards

Affan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Affan,

Thanks for your response .

i have 3 Report Level filters as mentioned above but the problem is i need to Bring FIscalYear as a first Filter.Capture.PNG

@Anonymous

See the below illustration to acheive the result.Sort the filters.gif

If this helped you, please mark this post as an accepted solution and like to give KUDOS .

Regards,

Affan

@Anonymous

You are right that it rearranges the order. I think you can acheive this through a little trick if feasible for you.

Just rename the columns as A.FiscalYear , B.Quarter & C.Month

Hope this would resolve your issue. Smiley Wink

Regards

Affan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Affan,

Thank You and i can rename but user wants column names should be same as above.

Any other approach would be appriciated.

hi, @Anonymous

the fields in FIELDS and FILTERS are set to sort alphabetically by default. and it can be changed for now.

You could rename the fields by adding a prefix to sort them as a workaround for now.

for example:

3FiscalMOnthNumber
2FiscalQuarter
1FiscalYear

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lin,

i have posted under Ideas section and below is the link.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/36259474-filter-order-is-not-chan...

Please vote for this feature if it is important .

hi, @Anonymous

Could you please tell me if you have other problem? If not, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Remove all the filters in the filter pane and re-add them in the order you want 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Omega,

Thanks you but again order is changed when close PBIX file and re open it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.