Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slacey
Frequent Visitor

Filter New Table by Old Table Content

Hey all,

I have a source table that provides values for the name of the sales rep, the size of the deal, the rep's team, the date the deal started and the date the deal closed. What I am trying to do is group all of this data by the sales rep and create new tables for each team with information about the reps' average deal size. I can do this pretty easily, however, when I import this data into visuals on the dashboard, I am unable to filter them by date. What I mean by this is that I want the average deal size by rep to change when I change the date (to capture average deal size by quarter). I'm sorry if this seems simple, but I'm relatively new to this and would really like some help. Thanks!

For reference, this is a simplified version of what my source table looks like.

bi question 1.PNG

This would be each rep on team 1 along with their average deal size.

bi question 2.PNG

And this is team 2 reps with their average deal size.

bi question 3.PNG

What I cannot figure out is how to be able to filter these average deal sizes by create date and close date.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@slacey,

Values in a calculated table are fixed. You may drag fields and add a measure to Table visuals.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@slacey,

Values in a calculated table are fixed. You may drag fields and add a measure to Table visuals.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.