Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MrOogaBooga

Filter Multi-Row Card Based on Field Values from Other Multi-Row Card Selection

Hello!

I have a set of data that has basically 4 important fields: Vendor, Vendor State, Line of Business, and Vendor Type.

Right now, I have a multi-row card showing the vendors for one of the two different Vendor Types, and I would like to add another multi-row card that shows all of the vendors of the other Vendor Type that have the same values for Vendor State and Line of Business as my selection in the first multi-row card.

Essentially, I just want to filter the 2nd card based on the values in those 2 fields when a vendor is clicked in the first card without just using a slicer or something to filter those fields instead.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MrOogaBooga ,

What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? If it is not latest one, you can download it from this link. Then you can find that option in the latest version of Power BI Desktop...

yingyinr_2-1650963261263.png

yingyinr_1-1650963215767.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes

you need to change your visual interaction from cross fhighlighting to cross filtering.

Here's the thread:Cross-filtering not available from multi-row card - Microsoft Power BI Community

Hi, I looked at that thread but didn't see those options in my report settings. All that I see there is these:

MrOogaBooga_0-1650656363801.png

Hi @MrOogaBooga ,

What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? If it is not latest one, you can download it from this link. Then you can find that option in the latest version of Power BI Desktop...

yingyinr_2-1650963261263.png

yingyinr_1-1650963215767.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MrOogaBooga , In latest version I can see multi row car filter each other

amitchandak_0-1650648049852.png

amitchandak_1-1650648066813.png

My idea was more that clicking a Brand in the first card would pull up all other brands that are assigned to the same category in the second card. Is that currently possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.