Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bwidener
Frequent Visitor

Filter Months from Month Slicer

I am trying to filter out Jan, Feb, March & April from the Month Slicer. I do not want people to have the ability to check these months because there is no data for them; can this be done?

Capture 2.GIF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Bwidener,

There could be a workaround.

1. Add another slicer and filter the desired options.

2. Open "Edit interactions" and make the new slicer only filter the old slicer.

3. Open "Selection pane", hide the new slicer.

Filter_Months_from_Month_Slicer

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a measure like INT ( NOT ISEMPTY ( FactTable ) ), use it as a visual level filter for the slicer and set it to 1.

Thanks a lot! It worked for me 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can filter the unwanted months in the visual filters, so that it wont be available for selection.

Capture_Slicer.PNG

Is that you are looking for?

Thanks
Raj

I'm trying to filter the report, I have no data for those months, I am trying to filter the slicer itself, so it only shows certain months and again thanks so much for your help. 

I'm NOT trying to filter the report, I have no data for those months, I am trying to filter the slicer itself, so it only shows certain months and again thanks so much for your help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bwidener wrote:

I'm NOT trying to filter the report, I have no data for those months, I am trying to filter the slicer itself, so it only shows certain months and again thanks so much for your help. 

Okay, i got it now.

Hi @Bwidener,

There could be a workaround.

1. Add another slicer and filter the desired options.

2. Open "Edit interactions" and make the new slicer only filter the old slicer.

3. Open "Selection pane", hide the new slicer.

Filter_Months_from_Month_Slicer

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.