Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jehall

Filter Measure Error - The expression refers to multiple columns....

I have a table of all our tickets and I want to display a number, that number being all the tickets out of SLA.

SLA = Filter(AllTickets, AllTickets[SLA Resolve By Deadline] < TODAY())

but I get

The expression refers to multiple columns. Multiple columns cannot be converted to a scalar value.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures take a collection of rows, and return a single value (a scalar value).  Your current measure is... not doing that, the filter will take a set of rows and return a smaller set of rows.

By simply wrapping it in some aggregate function (in this case COUNTROWS) you will be dancin' 🙂

SLA := COUNTROWS(Filter(AllTickets, AllTickets[SLA Resolve By Deadline] < TODAY()))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures take a collection of rows, and return a single value (a scalar value).  Your current measure is... not doing that, the filter will take a set of rows and return a smaller set of rows.

By simply wrapping it in some aggregate function (in this case COUNTROWS) you will be dancin' 🙂

SLA := COUNTROWS(Filter(AllTickets, AllTickets[SLA Resolve By Deadline] < TODAY()))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.