Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Measure Between Dates

I have data which has a from and to date, with the date it is created in the from and the date its no longer active in the to column. I created a filter measure so I can selected a date from a disconnected date table, and if the risk created date is before the selected date and the end date is after then show the data. Also if the risk is still ongoing the to date is blank (null).  This is the measure I created;

Active Threats = IF([Selected Date]>MAX('Risk Data'[FromTT])&&IF(ISBLANK(MAX('Risk Data'[ToTT])), TRUE(), [Selected Date]<MAX('Risk Data'[ToTT])), 1, 0)

I then filter my table using this measure.

0.JPG

This is my data, I'm expected when I filter the date to before the 16th of jan, for the 1 extreme and 1 moderate risk to drop off.

However this only happens if i keep the date column in there, otherwise all the moderate risks drop off. Any ideas why this is happending? Test data Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iEN5Iz5U9h0pEPf_bRZw9x3LFeGTClYC/view?usp=sharing

1 - Copy.jpg
1.JPG
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to created a count measure that works as I would like;

Count of Active =

VAR __SelectedDate = [Selected Date]
Return
CALCULATE(COUNT('Risk Data'[Id]),__SelectedDate>'Risk Data'[FromTT], IF(ISBLANK('Risk Data'[ToTT]), TRUE(), __SelectedDate<'Risk Data'[ToTT]))

But I'm not sure how'd I go about turning this into a true/false filter measure of each risk ID

View solution in original post

hi @Anonymous 

@Anonymous wrote:

I managed to created a count measure that works as I would like;

Count of Active =

VAR __SelectedDate = [Selected Date]
Return
CALCULATE(COUNT('Risk Data'[Id]),__SelectedDate>'Risk Data'[FromTT], IF(ISBLANK('Risk Data'[ToTT]), TRUE(), __SelectedDate<'Risk Data'[ToTT]))

But I'm not sure how'd I go about turning this into a true/false filter measure of each risk ID

I have test on my side, This formula works well, and what is " I'm not sure how'd I go about turning this into a true/false filter measure of each risk ID"?

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah sorry, I've just realized if I use my count of acting as the visual level filter, I just need to set it to is greater than 0 to get the effect I was looking for.

The previous response about setting the filter to true was confusing me since it wasn't an IF measure.

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.