Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielakunz
Helper I
Helper I

Filter KPI by value of measure

Hello,

I have a measure in my Power BI Report that calculates a Total score based on two other measures.

Score cases = DISTINCTCOUNT('Cases - Overview'[Case ID])*2
Score missions = DISTINCTCOUNT(Missions[Mission ID])*10
Total score = [Score missions]+[Score cases]

This measure is evaluated by machine ID, meaning I get a score per machine that shows how many cases and missions a machine has based on the score.

I want to set an alert in my Power BI Dashboard, if a machine reaches a score of 50 points.
I thought about using a KPI visual that counts the number of machine ID, while the filter "Total score > 50" is applied. Then I set the alert on the KPI visual reaching a value > 0.

However, I can't set a filter with Total score for the KPI visual. What am I doing wrong?
Is there another way to get the alert?

Thank you!

Daniela

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielakunz,

So you want to set a filter based naggrated result instead of underline records values, right?

If this is a case, you can consider writing a measure formula with variables that aggregate total level records and compare with the current result and use it on the visual level filter to filter records.

Applying a measure filter in Power BI 

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

If the above not help, please share some dummy data and expected results to help us clarify your scenario and test coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielakunz,

So you want to set a filter based naggrated result instead of underline records values, right?

If this is a case, you can consider writing a measure formula with variables that aggregate total level records and compare with the current result and use it on the visual level filter to filter records.

Applying a measure filter in Power BI 

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

If the above not help, please share some dummy data and expected results to help us clarify your scenario and test coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 
Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @danielakunz ,

You can create data alerts in Power BI Service based on your metric. Check the folllowing link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-set-data-alerts

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Unfortunately, that doesn't fix my problem. I know how to set an alert. My problem is I can't build a tile that displays the right data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.