Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter KPI Box based of 3 different time filters

Hi everyone I have three filters. Month, Quarter and Year that cover 3 years.

I also have three KPI Boxes that work with the filters. They show current month Revenue, current quarter revenue, and lastly current fiscal year revenue.

When no filter is selected, all three kpi boxes show different values. When I filter by fiscal year it shows that fiscal years values with recent month being my year end (oct 31), quarter shows q4, and fiscal year shows the sum of all 4 quarters.

However, when I filter by quarter, the quarter and fiscal year revenue KPI box's match and when I filter by month all three kpi boxes have the same value.

My goal is when I filter by 2019q3 in the quarter filter, for example, i want the the Fiscal year revenue kpi box shows me sum between q1-q3.  When I filter by month I want that months Quarter revenue in the fiscal quarter revenue kpi box and in the Year Revenue box I want YTD Value.

Pretty new to Dax anyone know how I can achieve this.

My second option is to use DAX to blank out certain kpis depending on the filter I use. For example if I use fiscal year filter nothing blanks. If I filter by quarter I only see current month and quarter kpi box with fiscal year kpi box blanked. Lastly if I filter by month blank the quarter/fiscal year kpi boxes. I have a dax code that im trying to play around with but no luck yet. 

Quarter Select = CALCULATE(IF(ISCROSSFILTERED(REVENUE_SUMMARY[FiscalQuarter]),1,0),ALLSELECTED(REVENUE_SUMMARY)) this is what im using

I am hoping that someone can help me figure this out

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Amit not exactly. I want the slicers to be focused for only specific Kpis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.