Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

N2Coffee
Frequent Visitor

Filter Frustration

Production Line	Order	Batch	Time	Status
1	100	a	6/1/2018 13:00	Running
1	100	b	6/1/2018 14:00	Ready
2	120	d	6/2/2018 4:00	Not Ready
2	130	e	6/2/2018 4:15	Not Ready
3	150	f	6/1/2018 11:00	Ready
3	175	g	6/1/2018 11:29	Ready

First, accept my thanks to all of those who post and reply...I find both helpful as I try to get a handle on DAX and PBI.

Second, I have searched the postings before writing.

Third, Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Fourth, apologies for wasting your time with this list!

I am creating a dashboard for maunfacturing, not sales; my data is framed by the hour, rather than the normal weekly, monthly, etc..

The data I want to display are only those production lines whose first (earliest) Time status is "Not Ready" and the time expected to start, So, for the tabel below, I would only want to see the row with Batch d.

Thanks in advance 

Production LineOrderBatchTimeStatus
1100a6/1/2018 13:00Running
1100b6/1/2018 14:00Ready
2120d6/2/2018 4:00Not Ready
2130e6/2/2018 4:15Not Ready
3150f6/1/2018 11:00Ready
3175g6/1/2018 11:29Not Ready
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Daniel
Sorry for the delayed response...busy with family and friends during the holiday week.
Your solution solution works!!! I added 2 other fields that I needed to see with additional CONCATENATEX statements. I will post those when I get back home.

I really appreciate your help...I never thought of using CONCATENATEX as an iterator for this measure.

Thanks again- I hope to return the favor someday

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @N2Coffee,

Based on my test, you can refer to below steps:

1.I have entered some sample data to test for your problem in below picture.

1.PNG

2.Create a new measure to filter your status.

Show data=var t=FILTER('Row table','Row table'[Status]="Not Ready" && 'Row table'[Time]=CALCULATE(MIN('Row table'[Time]),ALLEXCEPT('Row table','Row table'[Production Line])))

return

CONCATENATEX(t,[Batch],",")

3.Create a Card visual and add the [show data] fileld.

F.PNG

You can also download the PBIX file to have a view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iiwto05006p36zu/Filter%20Frustration.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Daniel
Thanks for your help. I have limited access to the internet but wanted to thank you for your reply to my posting. It looks like this will work; I’ll let you know when I try it out.

Hi @N2Coffee,

I am appreciate it if you could tell me your problem has been solved. If it is, could you please mark the helpful reply as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Daniel
Sorry for the delayed response...busy with family and friends during the holiday week.
Your solution solution works!!! I added 2 other fields that I needed to see with additional CONCATENATEX statements. I will post those when I get back home.

I really appreciate your help...I never thought of using CONCATENATEX as an iterator for this measure.

Thanks again- I hope to return the favor someday

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.