Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sv12
Helper III
Helper III

Filter Date from multiple tables

Hi,

I am new to DAX scripting and I trying to script the following condition:

• I want to calculate All the sales calls and emails sent to customers before their 1st purchase date, for every customer.

Data:

Table 1:

Customer IDDateCallsEmails
11/1/201823
11/2/201812
11/1/201923
21/1/201956

Table2:

Customer IDFirst Purchase Date
15/6/2018
22/3/2019

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

First, start by creating a one-to-many relationship from Table2 to Table1.

Then I created two measures to solve this, one for calls and one for emails:

Calls Before First Purchase Date = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Calls]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Date] <= RELATED(Table2[First Purchase Date])))
Emails Before First Purchase Date = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Emails]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Date] <= RELATED(Table2[First Purchase Date])))

Calculate the sum of the number of calls/emails for each Customer ID, but apply a filter such that the date of the emails are earlier than the first purchase date. Since we have created the one-to-many relationship between these two tables, the related function can find the corresponding first purchase date for the given Customer ID.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

First, start by creating a one-to-many relationship from Table2 to Table1.

Then I created two measures to solve this, one for calls and one for emails:

Calls Before First Purchase Date = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Calls]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Date] <= RELATED(Table2[First Purchase Date])))
Emails Before First Purchase Date = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Emails]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Date] <= RELATED(Table2[First Purchase Date])))

Calculate the sum of the number of calls/emails for each Customer ID, but apply a filter such that the date of the emails are earlier than the first purchase date. Since we have created the one-to-many relationship between these two tables, the related function can find the corresponding first purchase date for the given Customer ID.

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.