Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leocalegario
Regular Visitor

Filter Colluns

Is possible to apply filter by the columns instead the lines? Because my ''Date'' information (Months) are like columns (At the end it was need to be like this, whatever...).

By now, Thanks.

Leonardo

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@leocalegario

It is not supported to apply filter by the columns instead the lines. I think you data is like below. The month names are the column names. You can select all the columns and click unpivot columns in Query Editor to transform the table. So that we can apply filter by the lines.

Best Regards,
Herbert

I already did it before, by the way with my functions, it was better to me keep them to be like columns, but... The issue was it, i can keep it like column, but when i want to apply the filter to do what i already mentioned, it happens, and that why i questioned if there's a filter for columns... Transform them all to vallues won't solve my problem. 

So far you didn't mention how you want to filter:

• on headers,
  • on values in the first row,
  • on values in "some" row,
  • on values in multiple rows (and how do you want to identify which rows (e.g. based on values in a column?)).

Can you provide::

• an example table before filtering,
  • the filter rules, and
  • the table after filtering.

All anonimized and/or fake data of course.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Alternatively you can:

• transpose the table or
  • select columns or
  • create a custom function to filter on values in (a) specific row(s), but that requires more detailed information on the requirements.
Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.