Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slappydooda
Frequent Visitor

Filled map visual - shading states with no values

Hi all,

I'm using a map visual (as well as a table) to display promotional submissions by state and zip. I have a master promotion data table which relates to a submission level data table (which includes connecting promotion numbers as well as the geographical data).

This has been working well for months. Recently, something's happened where my map visual is now highlighting states with no values (after filtering). See below for an example of my table/map combo after filtering to a specific promotion. The table correctly displays the number of submissions per state. The map also correctly shows submissions (and the data behind the map visual is correct when exported). However - All other states in the map are still highlighted in light blue when they should not be highlighted at all (as there are no values behind these states). On rollover, my tooltip correctly states no submissions for these states.

Capture.JPG

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Check if the filled map visual's Default formatting is set to "Specific color". If it is set, change it to "Don't format".FilledMap.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.