Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filled map using 3-digit Zip codes blank spaces

I created a filled map using 3-digit zip codes. For the most part the map is what I need, but I don't know what to do with the "blank" spaces like in Maine, California and Florida. My guess is that these are areas that don't have assigned zip codes. For completeness, I would like to just fill these spaces with the same surrounding color.

How can I do that?

Thank you for the help.

3-digit zip code filled map3-digit zip code filled map

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious how you got PBi to map 3 digit zip codes, can you quickly go over how you accomplished the above?

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If the dataset you are using has fields for longitude and latitude, please use them.

Or could you please share your PBIX file? That will help us solve the problem faster.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-map-tips-and-tricks#in-the-dataset-tips-to-improve-the-underlying-dataset 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-kkf-msft, the main dataset I have doesn't have longitude and latitude data, but I tried to add it and couldn't make it work. How can I upload the pbix file here? I don't see an option to upload files.

Kind regards

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your PBIX file contains sensitive data, please delete the sensitive data. Then try to upload it to SharePoint and share the link with me.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.