Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brlimagu
Frequent Visitor

Filled map issue

I have a column that has a bunch of country codes and I have created a calculated column to "transform" this codes into the country name (see below) doing so I could use Filled map to fill the countries with the data needed. But the tricky situation is that I need to fill Middle East, Eastern Africa and Central Africa and Bing does not fill it. Is there any way to fill those regions? Maybe create a new column? But how to relate the Code with more than one country?

In my database I have some IDs that references a country code and I use the Switch function to create the country name column.

Is switch function the best way to do that? 

Market Name = SWITCH(Folder[ParentID];6939;"CHINA";6940;"Eastern Africa";6941;"Indonesia";6942;"Japan";6943;"Korea";6944;"Sri Lanka";6945;"Malaysia";6946;"New Zealand";6947;"Filipinas";6948;"Thailand";6949;"Turkey";6950;"South Africa";6951;"Australia";6952;"Egypt";6953;"Ghana";6954;"Israel";6955;"India";6956;"Middle East";6957;"Pakistan";6958;"Vietnam";6959;"Kenya";6960;"Central Africa";6585;"Australia" )

image.pngimage.png

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @brlimagu,

Since you only have country code, creating a new column of country name is essential. Switch function is good. 

If you want to group many country into a big region, you can add a conditional column, then add it to the legend.

1. Add a conditional column. It's Zone in my example.

Filled map issue.jpg

2. Create a measure for the color saturation like this:

ColorValues =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table1'[Value] ); ALLEXCEPT ( Table1; 'Table1'[Zone] ) )

3. You can see there are three colors and the value of each country of each zone is the same respective. So the color would be the same.

Filled map issue2.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.