Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lfrosales
Frequent Visitor

Filled Maps - Not filling correct state/province/region

I am trying to create a choropleth map utilizing ISO 3166-2 Codes since it is an international standard, however Bing misplaces these regions because it does not comply to the proper numbering mechanism.

For example, AL-08 Lezhë, Albania shows up as Alabama. CA-BC British Columbia, Canada, shows up as California. 

I can't find a way to create a state/province/region and country hierarchy hat allows Bing to differentiate between state/province/region names that are similar. This became apparent to me when I tried to map Bolívar, Ecuador and Bolívar, Venezuela kept filling.

If I can just use the full name tied to a full country name then I can work with that, but why isn't Microsoft using the International Standard?

ISO CA-BC.PNGISO AL-08.PNGISO Table.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@lfrosales,

You may take a look at the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/BC-Canada-not-showing-up-on-Fill-Map/m-p/257462#M114776

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.