Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ffunky
Helper I
Helper I

Filled Map not appearing to work at all

I am new to Power BI and am trying a very simple US map with state sales driving the state saturation.  However, the map doesn't appear to do anything.  The standard map works, and all the other visualizations seem to work, but this one doesn't.

I have State in Location (I did set the data category to State or Province for that field), and I put Sales in the Color Saturation field.  It's all numeric data.

The kicker is that it works when I publish it online.  My guess is that there is an issue with my proxy/firewall settings.  Any suggestions for how to get around this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ffunky,

I just verified that the US Map works all fine on my Power BI Desktop(2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017)).

Could you try reinstalling the latest version of Power BI Desktop to see if the issue remains?

If the issue remains, I would suggest you to create one support ticket via going to site https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ (bottom in that page), as the issue is more related to your computer environment.Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not going to purchase a pro license just to submit a ticket that may turn out to be a bug.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.